Friday, January 7, 2011

UPDATED: So long, C-A-L-I-F-O-R-N-I-A


I hope you took lotsa pictures, folks, because, the large "C-A-L-I-F-O-R-N-I-A" letters that used to grace the entrance to Disney's California Adventure are officially closed from the public starting today (Tuesday, January 4). They are being removed, along with the rest of the "Sunshine Plaza," which includes the entrance turnstiles, those godawful bathroom tiles, shops like you'd find at your local mall, and all of the other generic and un-Disney things wrong with that area.

In their stead will be a bustling Buena Vista Street from the 1920s when Walt first ventured to the big city in pursuit of his dreams, complete with Red Trolley cars and a Carthay Circle Theater. Alternate entrances will be used and will be a huge pain for everyone, but it's all for a good cause--the park will finally be where it should have started all along . . . and all it took was more power to the creatives taken from the cold-hearted and soul-less suited minions of one Michael Eisner...

UPDATE: Below you will find a photo of the construction barriers placed in front of the park. This would hardly be worth an update, were it not for the presence of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit's (and other previously-unknown characters') pronounced positions on the construction wall. Very cool. Let's hope they can integrate the wonderful character of Oswald into the revamped park itself... See more pictures of the construction wall here.

2 comments:

Connie Moreno said...

I can hardly wait!!

Brianna said...

Oh I missed to take picture in this site when we visited there... Anyways, I am excited with the new one coming. Thanks anyway for the update. And thank you for making me realized what I missed (lol).