Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lasseter's Oscar Interview


Reuters did a really great, brief interview with John Lasseter about Up at the Oscars, and about Pixar's success in general. I highly recommend reading it. It doesn't give any information I hadn't known already, but it is a great way to get excited about the mountain of Oscars that Up is sure to win! I think that Lasseter's most interesting answer was this:

I believe in research. Each movie at Pixar involves research with college professors or taking trips to learn as much as we can about a particular subject matter...I have met a lot of top chefs around the world during my travels. Each one of them has said "Ratatouille" is their favorite movie and the only movie that truly captures what they do. Auto Week called "Cars" the best car movie because the details were spot on.
Read the full interview here.
(Photo courtesy of Reuters)

No comments: