Thursday, September 18, 2008

With Nowhere Else to Turn, Disney Makes a 'Tomorrowland Movie'


After making over $1 billion dollars, Disney wants to recreate the blockbuster giant that was Pirates of the Caribbean. But with The Haunted Mansion not available after that train wreck with Eddie Murphy, Disney turns to a broader topic, its theme park "lands". Specifically, Tommorowland.


Disney has hired screenwriters Jon Lucas and Scott Moore to write an "epic-sized action adventure set in space." Disney denies that it will be solely based on Tomorrowland, or if that will even be the title, but it has been said that this Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Wannabe will feature Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.


I suppose that we shouldn't be too quick to judge, though. Afterall, I wasn't expecting anything from The Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy, and that (although having gone downhill after the first one) did turn out to be a decent movie with a solid plot and enjoyable characters. I am not sure what to expect from this new Tommorowland movie, but I just hope it is nothing like Eddie Murphy's The Haunted Mansion. I do hope that it will be representative of the futuristic experience and wonder that is, and was, Tomorrowland. Oh, and I wouldn't mind a cameo by the PeopleMover.

Source: FirstShowing.net

2 comments:

La Pixie said...

hmmm, this makes me wary. I mean, we dont need another Beverly Hills Chihuahua, you know? LOL

www.navarra-3d.com said...

Wow, there is a great deal of effective material above!