Disney fans are quite overwhelmed with news today due to the announcement of D23, as well as other news which has arisen from either Pixar, Disney's shareholder's meeting, or who knows where else. Here is a comprehensive list of the day's important, Disney-filled news:
- The official synopsis of Partly Cloudy, the short preceding Pixar's newest feature Up, has been released by Pixar. Read it on Upcoming Pixar here.
- The release date for Disney's upcoming feature The Princess and the Frog has been brought back from Christmas Day to December 11 in order to avoid competition with an Alvin and the Chipmunks sequel. AWN has a great article talking about these reasons behind pulling the release date of The Princess and the Frog, which is Disney's first movie in about 10 years which centers around a princess and is 2D, both of these attributes, as you know, are very similar to classic Disney films.
- Bob Iger announced today something that is making theme park execs shake in their boots, if they haven't shaken 'em off already.
- The big news of the day is D23. Read my coverage of this new "Official Club for Disney Fans", or visit the official site.
- Bob Iger also announced the names of Disney's two new cruise liners. They are "Fantasy" and "Dream". Read all about it at The Disney Blog.
- Other news covered today by myself includes my review of the new Pinocchio DVD and Blu-ray Discs, and the launch of Up: The Video Game's site.