Thursday, April 22, 2010

Breaking: 'Monsters, Inc.' Sequel Confirmed



Variety has just announced that Disney will release Pixar's long-anticipated Monsters, Inc. sequel on November 16, 2012. Pete Docter will work on it but won't direct since he is working on an original feature. The film will, of course, star John Goodman and Billy Crystal. That's all we know for now.

While I prefer that Pixar does original material, I am looking forward to a sequel to my favorite Pixar film of all time.

I'll keep you updated as this very exciting news develops!

Rich Ross also announced that the upcoming Pixar feature Brave (formerly The Bear and The Bow) will be released on June 15, 2012. It is very rare that Pixar would release two films in the same year, but, there it is. And I can't wait.

(The above photo is unofficial, and the title is currently unknown.)

Source: Variety

1 comment:

Derrick Clements said...

It's not being directed by Pete Doctor (see http://www.cinematical.com/2010/04/20/a-chat-with-pixars-pete-docter/#comments ) unless you know something I don't. Source?