Friday, April 2, 2010

Tweets of the Day: Talking Chimps and Iron Men


I've never been a huge fan of Twitter, but as more and more Disney and Pixar folks get Twitter accounts, the more valuable a resource it becomes. That's why I'm starting a new feature of Disney, etc., where I'll share the best Disney-, Pixar-, and movie-related tweets with you.

My favorite so far is from yesterday and is by Toy Story 3 director Lee Unkrich:

Many people have been asking what my next project is after Toy Story 3. I can finally reveal: a 100% motion-capture Lancelot Link movie.
I'm sure that he's joking, but it's still really funny. If you don't know what Lancelot Link is, watch the embedded video below. In my opinion, Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp is possibly the best TV show to ever air. Ever. It's so great due to it's campiness, and the simple fact that it is full of talking, costumed chimps. And adding the motion-capture detail makes the tweet all the more funny. We can all hope that Mr. Unkrich isn't joking...



The next-best tweet is by Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau:
Iron Man 2 is signed, sealed, delivered!
While not as funny as Unkrich's tweet, this is exciting news. Iron Man 2, which will be released on May 7 of this year, is officially completed! I loved the first Iron Man, and can't wait to see the new one.


Those are all of the amusing and exciting tweets that I've seen recently. As I said before, no matter how against the idea of Twitter you are, it has a wealth of information that you can't find anywhere else. I hope you have enjoyed this edition of Tweets of the Day.

No comments: