Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Spider-Man has a new Webb


Marc Webb (directed (500) Days of Summer) is a great director, but I don't know if he's right for his next gig. Sony has just announced that Webb will be at the head of a completely new Spider-Man reboot. This new trilogy will have completely different storylines and actors and everything else compared to the popular trilogy featuring Tobey and Kirsten.

This is very exciting news. I love Spider-Man, but did not like where the last trilogy was taking it. Although I never pictured him as a superhero director, I'm very interested to see what Marc Webb, a lighthearted and character-driven director, will do with Peter Parker.

An unconfirmed rumor that's been going around recently is that Robert Pattinson of the Twilight series will star as our friend Peter Parker. Let us hope that this is not the case. (What I'd like to see is Joseph Gordon-Levitt taking over as the webmaster. That would be great.)

Marc Webb is all that's known for now about the new trilogy, but I'll keep you up-to-date as more news surfaces.

Source: /Film

No comments: