The next Pixar movie to be released is directed by Andrew Stanton, and is entitled, WALL-E. This movie comes out on June 27 of this year, and it takes place many years into the future, the year 2700 in fact, when the humans have all left the earth. All that remains are the piles and piles of garbage that made us leave in the first place, and WALL-E (Waste Allocation Load Lifter Earth-class), a trash-collecting robot. WALL-E's life, however, will be changed forever when he meets a sleek, new robot named EVE. Here's the trailer. I can't wait!
If you just can't get enough of WALL-E (I know I can't!), you might like some of these little vignettes that show WALL-E interacting with objects.
WALL-E Meets Headphones:
WALL-E and the Vacuum Cleaner:
WALL-E Meets a Hula Hoop
A Hero's Journey, an Interview with WALL-E director Andrew Stanton:
Along with the movie, two new WALL-E products will be released that I am gonna get as soon as they hit the shelves. The first is similar to the little robot dogs that you hook your MP3 player up to, then they dance and play your music. This new product, however, as you can guess, is a little WALL-E that dances to and plays your music. Here's the link, it is called the "iDance WALL-E".
The iDance WALL-E. An MP3 playing robot who dances,
whose eyes light up and who talks with adorable sound effects.
The second, even cooler product, is a $190 WALL-E robot that is programmable. Here's some of the information given in the press release for this awesome item:
- Was designed in "close collaboration" with Pixar animators
- Ships with a remote control (used for programming)
- Features an "innovative touch programming system"
- Capable of "several emotional states" and "thousands of combinations" of movements
- Has infrared, sonic, and touch sensors
- MP3 compatible with built-in speakers
- Will be sold starting this fall through ToysRUs and DisneyShopping.com
That's all folks. I hope that now you're as excited for WALL-E as I am!