Thursday, June 25, 2009

Oscars Double Amount of Best Picture Nominations


Briefly: The Academy has upped the amount of Best Picture nominations for next year's 82nd annual award ceremony from 5 to 10 nominees.

This is very exciting news! Not only will predicting the winners be more difficult, but this also allows more films to be recognized for the wonderful films they are. I think that this is glorious news, which makes me wonder why they hadn't done this earlier. There are films every single year which I think are worthy of a Best Picture nomination, but are then muscled out by films with bigger budgets.

So, does this mean that Up will be nominated for Best Picture in February? I say, "absolutely". There are certainly not 10 other films that surpass the beauty and greatness of Up. Mark my words: Up will definitely be nominated for Best Picture at the 82nd Academy Awards. Will it win? I hope so, but am really not sure.

Source: Cinematical

No comments: